Position Title: DC Coordinator
Contracted, Part-time (20 hours per week)
$25-30 per hour (DOE)
HKDC seeks a DC Coordinator to provide administrative and programmatic support to the Managing Director. The DC Coordinator reports directly to the Managing Director and is responsible for providing support to HKDC’s education and advocacy efforts.
• Assist Managing Director with all administrative duties including scheduling meetings, travel and appointments, reporting expenses, and filling out check requests;
• Manage HKDC events, including recruitment, registration, production, and logistics;
• Draft, prepare, and maintain correspondence and reports including letters, position papers, fact sheets, briefing materials, electronic presentations, submissions for publications, etc.;
• Manage filing system of emails and letters to the Hill, public comments, and letters;
• Draft and maintain content on HKDC’s website;
• Work closely with the Managing Director to manage the annual budget and monitor spending, including working to draft and reforecast budgets as needed;
• Represent HKDC at events and meetings and on Capitol Hill, where appropriate;
• Maintain databases of HKDC supporters, partners, and congressional staff contacts;
• Respond to requests for information from HKDC donors, board of directors, advisory board members, congressional and administrative staff, the media and the public;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge and familiarity with Hong Kong issues, international relations, and human rights related causes.
• Written and verbal fluency in English, written Chinese (traditional) and spoken Chinese (Cantonese).
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, manage own time and problem-solve effectively.
• Experience working with, tracking, or managing budgets and expenditures
• Experience learning various internal technology systems used for day-to-day organizational operations
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, including interpersonal communications
• Live in DC or nearby areas with legal working status in US
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a relevant writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.